March 12, 2017

white chocolate coconut easter cakelets


I spent part of the day today testing yummy cake recipe for Easter. For the cake itself, I used Miss Jones’ Organic Vanilla Cake Mix, which is just as good as making it from scratch, in my opinion. (Miss Jones' is available at Target.) To the mix, I added 3 eggs, milk and melted butter. I then used a cookie sheet that was buttered and floured as my baking vessel.

I poured the batter straight on the cookie sheet. I’ve never done this before, but I’ve seen it done on “Chopped” and other cooking shows. It’s a great way to bake a cake fast! It was done in about 15 minutes. And when it was done, the cake was about 1” tall. 

After the cake cooled for a few minutes, I then used a round biscuit cutter to cut out as many circles as I could from the cake. I got about 12 cut, so that means I would have 6 little 2-layer cakelets in all.


I put these on a cooling rack and iced them with this amazing white chocolate buttercream frosting that’s soooo easy to make! It’s just cream, butter, powdered sugar and white chocolate (I used about ½ a package of Baker’s Brand white chocolate chips). 

My neighbor Clare, who’s a fabulous baker and caterer gave me this recipe, which she also tops with toasted coconut! I used organic, unsweetened large flakey coconut and toasted it in the oven. I then finished the cakelets off with 3 little speckled malted milk egg candies in a variety of colors. 

The end result is adorable, and so delicious!! The sweet white chocolate frosting with the toasted coconut is a divine combination! I will definitely make these again for Easter.   

Clare’s White-Chocolate Butter-Cream Frosting

Ingredients
1 package (6 squares) premium white chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream OR: milk
1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup confectioners sugar

Directions
1.   Microwave chocolate and cream in large microwave-safe bowl on high power 1-1/2 minutes, stirring halfway. Stir to melt chocolate. Let cool to room temperature, 15 minutes.
2.   Beat butter, sugar gradually into cooled chocolate on high speed until smooth and fluffy, 2 minutes. Makes 3-1/2 cups.
3. Don't forget to add the toasted coconut flakes on top!


I invite you to stop by my new Ciao Tablescapes page. It’s a collection of my favorite tablescapes that I’ve created since starting my blog in 2011. I'll be constantly updating this page with new favorites, so check back often! 

If there are any holidays or themes you’d like to see, leave me a comment! You can find the tab at the top of my page or simply click here.


ciao! fabiana


No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...