January 13, 2018

weekend wrap-up



Necklace by Van Cleef & Arpels
Gown by Gucci 


Hi guys, happy Saturday! Hasn’t the beginning of the new year been moving along quickly? With the hustle and bustle of the holidays over and done with, this is my favorite time to move forward with new opportunities and meet up again with old friends.

With all the anticipation of starting the year with a blank slate, I’ve got all sorts of project ideas swirling around in my head, plus a few things I want to share with you all!  

Victoria, the Masterpiece series starts up again tomorrow night. Did you happen to catch this series last year? It's the best thing to hit the screen since Downton Abbey. Visually  it's gorgeous and authentically recreated in a seriously breathtaking manner, from the costumes and jewelry to the locations and historic events. The role of young Queen Victoria is beautifully acted by Jenna Coleman. Here she is in a natural setting, without the signature blue contacts she wears to portray Victoria on the show, wearing Victorian inspired jewels. 


Necklace and ring by Faberge & Gemfields
Dress by Balmain 


Victoria airs Sunday night, January 14 at 9pm on PBS.


Necklace and ring by Cartier
Dress by Alberta Ferretti 


If you liked my last post on Hilary Duff’s home, here are a few more pics. I still can't get over how fabulous those pink front doors are!







And that tile in the kitchen... wow!

And speaking of tile...




My husband and I are headed to LA this weekend to check into the Plaza La Reina hotel in Westwood. The style and grace of this locale harkens back to 1920’s Santa Barbara. Look for more on this 5 star boutique hotel from me very soon! Above, Laura Dern strikes a pose on the beautifully tiled staircase of the Plaza La Reina. 




Could this be a fabulous boutique hotel somewhere in Italy? No, it's a secluded little enclave in the heart of Los Angeles, and I can't wait to visit Plaza La Reina in Westwood this weekend. 

💕

It looks like the perfect little overnight getaway that would be romantic enough for Valentine’s day!


A Winter White Coastal-Inspired Dinner Party


Among the ideas swirling around in my head are specific themes I’m going for in upcoming tablescape projects. Here are a few mood boards I’ve put together for January and February.


A Fresh and Fun Valentine Celebration


An Old New Orleans-Style Mardi Gras Dinner Party 


And lastly, remember my thrifting adventure earlier in the week? Well, I spotted a sad little antique drop-leaf secretary desk that had the most delicate silhouette for only $25. It was terribly battered and beat up, so I walked away from it, knowing that I absolutely had no room in my house for it anyways.




Well, guess what? I couldn’t stop thinking about it for two whole days. I kept envisioning it painted white with a pop of Tiffany blue inside. Wouldn't it make a fabulous bar? So, I went back thinking there was only a slight miniscule chance that it would still be at the Goodwill Store.

You guessed it! I got lucky. There it was... and now here it is in my home waiting for a little wood filler, pretty paint and lots of TLC.     



ciao! fabiana



photo credit:
Jenna Coleman from InStyle Magazine
Villa La Reina, Los Angeles




No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...