July 7, 2016

my favorite garden tomato recipes


Those summer tomatoes just keep coming! Here are five of my favorite go-to recipes that I have made over the years, but especially this year with my lovely crops of heirloom tomatoes. 

Roasted Tomato Basil Soup  is a recipe from Ina Garten and is one of my family’s favorites, especially paired with grilled cheese sandwiches.  I make a big batch and freeze half for another time. 

Stuffed Artichokes remind me of my grandmother who made a similar recipe, and wow, what a treat!  

Alexis’ Chopped Vegetable Salad is named for Martha Stewart’s daughter, Alexis.  I make this salad during the summer when it gets really hot out.  It’s cool and refreshing, as well as yummy and nutritious. 

Salad Shirazi is a popular traditional Persian salad that originated the city of Shiraz in Southern Iran. The main ingredients are chopped cucumber, tomato, onion and a little lemon juice. 

Spaghetti alla Checca is a quick and basic pasta made with lots of fresh chopped tomatoes, garlic and basil. 


If you try one of these recipes
let me know what you think!



ciao! fabiana

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...