September 8, 2015

a neutral fall palette


I'm keeping my fall décor neutral so far this year, keeping with the white, soft metallics and natural materials as my color scheme. I’m sure I won’t be able to resist a pop of orange here and there as we get closer to Halloween, though!  

Updating vintage jack-o-lanterns with metallic spray paint is a great way to neutralize your holiday décor and create a little bit more of an elegant look.  Right now my jack-o-lanterns are turned backwards, so they look like pumpkins.

Once October hits, I'll turn their little faces forward!


Here are a few that I painted in soft gold.


before and after


This little white pumpkin was found at the Dollar Tree. I really like how this little inexpensive guy can just be nestled in with the real and vintage pumpkins in the vignette.


ciao! fabiana

No comments:

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...