April 3, 2014

my updated hall tree



Here's my vintage hall tree 
after I painted it with chalk paint.

If you know me, 

then you know how much I love 
this Tiffany blue color.


I achieved this color by 
mixing equal parts of 
Annie Sloan florence and provence.

Sammie loves it too!


I love the results.


One coat of wax has been applied, 
and I'll finish off a second coat 
of wax in three days.


 Here's any easy tip for painting 
around a mirror or glass.

 Just slide post-it notes under the wood frame. 
No taping needed!


 The before, above.  Goodbye green!
Next, I'll have to tackle those walls!



ciao! fabiana

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, I LOVE the color you came up with by mixing two of my favorites! The bold color is perfect for that piece. And thanks for the genius tip about the post-its! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you always use two coats of clear wax? I've always just waxed once. Does it make the finish glossier? Thanks

Claudia Fabiana said...

it is not always needed. But since we use this everyday, I wanted the extra protection and finish.

The Style Sisters said...

So fun love the color!! I would love to have you join me for my Centerpiece
Wednesday linky party and share this post with us. Come on over http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2014/04/centerpiece-wednesday-cool-blues-with.html

Karin

sub



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

more recent posts...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...